Call for Papers
IAMOT 2024 will focus on how Human-Centred Technology Management can lead to a Sustainable Future. As we embark on a new era of technological developments, it becomes crucial to consider the different roles of humans in driving innovation and managing technology. The conference aims to explore the socio-technical systems dynamics of this transition, involving technology, human-centricity, and sustainability, with a special emphasis on fostering a circular economy.
We invite high-quality original contributions that align with but are not limited to the following topics:
- Human, Socio-Economic, Political and Cultural Dimensions of Technology and Innovation Management
- Technologies for the transition to a sustainable, human-centric, and resilient industry
- Circular Economy and sustainable technologies
- Technology-based innovation for sustainable and inclusive supply chain management
- Business model innovation for sustainability, circularity, and prosperity
- Innovative businesses, smart cities, and Sustainable Development Goals
- User-oriented product development and innovation
- Inclusive technology and innovation in education
- Education in the management of technology and innovation
- Technology diffusion, adoption and acceptance
- Technology foresight and forecasting
- Responsible research and innovation
- Innovation and technological capabilities
- Innovation and creativity
- Social innovation and social entrepreneurship
- Technology-based entrepreneurship
- Innovation ecosystems, networks, open innovation, and policies
- International cooperation for technology development and innovation
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Technology transfer and Knowledge Transfer Partnerships
IAMOT 2024 aims to foster interdisciplinary dialogue, collaboration, and knowledge exchange among academic, industry, and government participants. Join us to explore the transformative potential of Human-Centred Technology Management in shaping a sustainable future. Submit your papers and contribute to this vibrant innovation, technology, and sustainable development discussion.
Important Dates #
- September 2023 Opening of the Submission System
- March 10th, 2024 New Final submission deadline
- March 10th, 2024New PhD Colloquium submission deadline
- March 31st, 2024PhD Colloquium decision notification
- April 30th, 2024 Full Paper Review Notification
- May 15th, 2024 Full paper final version and copyrights
- May 31st, 2024 Authors Registration Deadline
- July 6-7th, 2024 PhD Colloquium
- July 8-11th, 2024 Conference
- * Encouraged, not mandatory
Prospective authors can first submit an extended abstract which will be evaluated according to the conference topics. If approved, authors are invited to submit the full paper. Papers will undergo strict double-blind peer review considering their originality, relevance to the conference topics, methodological rigor, and writing quality.
Presenters are expected to register and attend the conference and discuss their papers. In the case of multiple-authored papers, at least one author must register. At least one different author for each paper must register at IAMOT 2024 for the paper to be presented and eligible for the proceedings. Maximum three full papers per author.
Submitting only extended abstract:
- If approved, the authors are invited to present their research at the conference
- Not eligible for the proceedings
Submitting full paper (previous submission of the extended abstract is not mandatory):
- If approved, the authors are invited to present their research
- The paper is published in the proceedings
- If selected for one of the special issues, authors are invited to develop an extended version of the paper, which will go through the journal's review process. See more here
Author Guidelines #
Papers and extended abstracts must be submitted using the Conference templates.
The maximum number of words for the extended abstract is 1000, including references.
Full papers should be no more than 8 pages long, all included (abstract, section titles, text, and references).
More information on formatting can be found at the following link: https://www.springer.com/gp/authors-editors/book-authors-editors/your-publication-journey/manuscript-preparation
All submissions should be delivered through the Springer Nature Submission System.
For any help with submitting your contribution:
- Follow the instructions in the EquinOCS Submission Guide; or
- Get in touch with the IAMOT 2024 organization team.
Proceedings will be published by Springer (Springer Proceedings in Business and Economics), indexed by Scopus, and to be submitted to be indexed by Web of Science. Selected full papers will run for awards and be eligible for special issues in top journals based on reviewers’ and the scientific committee's evaluation. The evaluation of the papers is double-blind (authors’ names should not appear in the submitted document for the first review phase nor in the submitted name file) and considers the originality of the contribution.
Special Issues #
The authors of selected articles submitted to the IAMOT 2024 Conference will be invited to submit an extended version to one of the following Special Issues:
IEEE Engineering Management Review (EMR) is a partner journal of IAMOT 2024. A special section with selected contributions from the conference will be published in EMR. Further information will be available soon.
California Management Review is a partner journal of IAMOT 2024. Authors of selected articles will be invited to submit an extended version to the Special Issue "Generative Innovation Opportunities in Circular Cities". More information about the Special Issue can be found here.
Technological Forecasting and Social Change (TFSC) is a partner journal of IAMOT 2024. Accepted and presented papers for the conference will be eligible for publication in the Special Issue provided that these papers have been prepared and written for the TFSC readership.
Initial selection and review of submitted papers will be performed by the Conference Scientific Committee. After the first review, selected papers will be reviewed by the IAMOT Best paper Award Committee and decisions will be taken by the Guest Editor of the TFSC Special Issue. More information can be found here.
More information about other special issues will be available soon.